The beginning of 1911 saw the planning and construction of a model township. This township had two different sections. The roads were named in an alphabetical order. A to F roads constituted the Northern Town while the rest comprised the South Town.The Tisco Institute was established on C Road in front of the Director’s Bungalow to provide wholesome entertainment and opportunity for social gatherings. Membership was open to all. Fees were eight annas to Rs.5 on a sliding scale, depending upon the salary of the individual.